I tried a gluten free dinner roll recipe over the holidays and I have to say, they didn't really thrill any of us as the spicy herbal dinner roll I was expecting. I immediately recognized them as the perfect gluten free alternative to fill another place however. They puff up and are stable enough to be perfect sandwich or hamburger rolls! Here's the recipe -- let me know what you think.
Makes about 8 burger sized rolls.
3 cup almond flour
1/2 cup hard cheese of choice (Parmesan or cheddar work well)
1 cup sour cream or plain yogurt
optional: 1 small onion grated
1 tbsp. chives
1 tbsp. parsley chopped
1/4 cup water
2 garlic cloves
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1. Preheat oven to 325
2. Mix almond flour, baking soda and powder, cheese, chives & parsley in a bowl.
3. In another bowl whisk the eggs, then add yogurt, garlic, onions & water
4. Add wet to dry ingredients and mix well.
5. Batter is very wet, I didn't think it would bake -- but it does!
6. Using a spoon scoop onto a baking pan lined with parchment papaer or greased and floured. Because it's such a wet batter, parchment paper works best.
7. Bake at 325 for 15-18 minutes.
Recipe adapted from AndreAnna