How delightful that scrumptious Kale is also one of the very best foods for us. It’s highly nutritious and reasonably priced. It does happen to be one of the top 10 vegetables containing pesticide residue however, so be certain to wash it especially well or buy organic.
What, you don’t find kale scrumptious? Well, you need the right recipes then, and I’m here to give you some!
Kale Salad with Pumpkin Seeds
¼ cup toasted pumpkin seeds
½ cup extra virgin olive oil
2 cloves grated/minced garlic cloves
¼ cup lemon or orange juice
1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 large bunch kale, ribs cut out and cut or torn into small pieces
½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. To toast the pumpkin seeds, wipe a skillet with your preferred high temperature cooking
oil, I like grapeseed oil, coconut oil is another good alternative. Toast the seeds, stirring
frequently, until slightly browned. Some will pop & puff up which is desirable.
2. Whisk or blend together the oil, lemon or orange, garlic and pepper flakes.
3. Add the kale and toss, coating the kale with the oil mixture. Add the grated cheese and pumpkin seeds and mix well.
4. Let the salad sit for at least 15 minutes.
5. Eat and enjoy this healthy treat.
Moroccan Kale & Chickpea Stew
1 cup chickpeas (soaked overnight if dry or use canned &undrained)
2 cups water
1 onion chopped into medium chunks
1 large green bell pepper chopped into medium chunks
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
2 large grated/minced garlic cloves
1 can diced or skinned tomatoes (undrained)
1 ½ Tablespoon Chile powder
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1 teaspoon dried oregano
Pinch red pepper flakes
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1. In a large skillet cook the onions and garlic, stirring regularly until the onions are
2. Add the peppers to the skillet and stir until soft, about 10 minutes.
3. Add the rest of the ingredients and simmer for 40 minutes, stirring occasionally, to meld
all the flavors.
4. Serve by itself or over cous cous or brown rice with hearty whole grain bread.